TISD OFFERS ACCELERATION EXAMS
Taylor Independent School District will offer examinations for acceleration in grades kindergarten through 12th grade on June 10th, 11th, 12th, 2013. Students must score at least a 90% on each test in the four core areas to be advanced to a grade level in grades 1-8. A student must score at least a 90% on a course test to receive credit in grades 9-12. Criteria for kindergarten acceleration may be obtained from the Naomi Pasemann Elementary principal. No fee is required for the examination. Any students who wish to take an examination for acceleration must register with the principal of his or her school no later than May 31, 2013. For additional information please contact the school principal.
Please view the Admissions page for more information.
Lifetouch Graducation Portraits
Graduation Commencement Portraits Information:
- Everyone will be photographed, no need to sign up
- Photos will be online at events.lifetouch.com ten days after the ceremony
- Complimentary proofs mailed to Graduates
- No obligation to purchase
- Please allow 2-3 weeks for package delivery
Legacy Spring Newsletter
Please take time to read the Legacy Spring Newsletter. Click on the link below to view the Newsletter.
Legacy Spring Newsletter
Temple College Graduation
Temple College Graduation will be held at the Hutto Performing Arts Center (PAC) on May 17, 2013 at 7:00 PM.
Prom will take place at the Avery Ranch Golf Club. The address is 10500 Avery Club Drive, Austin, Texas 78717.
Legacy's Graduation/Awards Ceremony
Legacy's Graduation/Award's Ceremony will be held at the Hutto Performing Arts Center (PAC) on May 30th at 10:00 AM.
Taylor High School Graduation
Taylor High School's Graduation will be held at Shoreline Church on May 31, 2013, at 7:30 PM. The address is 15201 Burnet Road, Austin, TX 78728.
Hutto High School Graduation
Hutto High School's Graduation is June 8, 2013, 10:00 AM-1:00PM. The graduation will take place at Shoreline Church, 15201 Burnet Road, Austin, TX 78728.
Summer Registration begins March 7th. Forms have already been collected from students.
1st summer session starts June 3rd
2nd summer session begins July 15th
- SPAN 1411/1412 is the only summer course Legacy students take that will be offered at the Taylor center. It is MTWTH from 8:00-3:20 June 3rd through July 11th. (This course combines both Spanish courses over the semester and students may earn 8 hours. The prerequisite for the course is high school Spanish I and II and Accuplacer R/W readiness---Orientation for this course will be May 20th at 10 am for enrolled Legacy students.
- GOVT 2305 and 2306 are both required for the Associates degree. 2305 is required for high school government credit and is the section we recommend motivated seniors to take during the summer.
- GOVT 2305-4001 runs June 3rd through July 11th MTWTH 12:30-2:30 at the Hutto Center
- GOVT 2306-4501 runs July 15th through August 15th MTWTH 10:15-12:15 at the Hutto Center
Volunteer Hours for Taylor Students
If you need volunteer hours as a Taylor student, please visit the Silver Cord Website